Re: [OM] Sharpeining, was: Flickr account problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Sharpeining, was: Flickr account problems
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:29:49 -0500
Interesting that we're on this point because, as we speak (type), I am
trying to figure a sizing issue with Mpix.  I just got an order made for
my daughter who is making a collage.  I thought I had carefully
considered all sizing issues.  I adjusted for the actual collage frame
sizes vs nominal, added additional canvas where necessary to avoid
cutoff knees and feet, etc., considered their 2% full bleed statement
and still have discovered that the images are overly large and many
don't fit properly.

But I suspect I know the answer now.  I size my images at 300 ppi and I
just discovered that they print at 250 ppi.  I hadn't known that before.
  If my "don't diddle" flag means print exactly as is then the print,
based on pixel dimensions, will end up being 20% larger than the nominal
dimensions and a lot will end up being chopped off.  At least I hope
that's the problem since I can fix that easily.

Just waiting to hear from their support team of exactly what are the
implications of that "don't diddle with my images" flag.

Chuck Norcutt