Re: [OM] Any comment for Letiz 50mm F4.5 enlarge lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Any comment for Letiz 50mm F4.5 enlarge lens?
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 00:54:39 +0800
Michael
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet on this List but Rodenstock does
produce two different types of lenses for 35mm enlarging and they both go by
different names. The cheaper version is the Rogonar and the better one is
Rodagon. There is the Rodagon-S and then the Rodagon-APO. Like what Chuck
says, the APO version is definitely the better one. I have used both the
Schneider Companon and the Rodagon-S as well as a Nikkor EL. For me, I loved
the Rodagon best.
And yes, it is f2.8.

K.

2008/12/13 Michael Wong <mialop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Priit,
> Thanks for your advice & suggestion. I'll keep my eyes for Nikon 50mm F2.8
> too.
>
> ---
> Michael
>

> 2008/12/13 <priit@xxxxxxxxx>
>

> > On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Michael Wong wrote:
> >
> > > A friend who offer his Letiz 50mm F4.5 enlarge lens to me, but I'm not
> > sure
> > > is it good?
> > >
> > > By the way, I also print out with 6x6 film, any enlarge lens
> recommended?
> >
> > The Leitz will do fine for getting started. Just check that you have the
> > fitting thread or lensboard. At the same time you can keep an eye out for
> > an EL-Nikkor - cheap and good. Also, what Chuck said about f/2.8.
> > Definitely makes a difference in the darkroom.
> >
> > priit.
> > --

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people" - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney