Re: [OM] (OT) Flickr account problems

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Flickr account problems
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:42:22 +0100
To me Flickr is not as bad as many of us seem to think. I like it
because it makes publishing photos on the web rather easy. My photos
also get more attention than they would if I placed them under my own
webspace. I like that I can group my photos in a set and tage and geotag
them. It is quite easy to see what type of photos someone makes and if I
am interested I open one or a few of his sets. If I like something I
comment if not, I only look and hit next. As for the white backgroud,
the backgroud turns into black if you hit the slideshow button on either
the members main page or any of his sets. All photos are shown on a neat
black background. I must admit that the default size of the photos is
not that large and if you want to see a larger version you have to click
more than once. Then you will get several size options though. Overall I
must say that I am quite satisfied.

I limit the amount of groups I participate in and also limit the amount
of contacts I make. Both make yiu feel like you should watch and comment
everyday. After I stopped doing that I became happier. As a result the
number of vistors to my photos also dropped though.

I will build up my own site also though. Just to display my own work and
to pioint people at if they see me and ask where they can find the
photos I am taking at that time.

As always, your mileage might vary.