Re: [OM] I am the weirdest

Subject: Re: [OM] I am the weirdest
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:44:40 -0600

> Bud, if a person uses a 20+ megapixel camera and shoots purely in RAW - or
> worse, RAW+JPEG - for every single frame, you'll soon drive up the gigabyte
> count. Add some complex noise reduction algorithm to each image (especially
> if you're shooting in near-dark situations) and that figure will rise
> further. You can do the arithmetic here (I didn't) and I'm fairly sure you
> would be reaching somewhere reasonably close.

Well, where I disagree with you is that most of these cameras incorporate
some form of compression on the RAW files which greatly reduces storage
requirement. The E-1 may be only 5MP, but the RAW files are still about the
same size as the average mega-monster.

As to the rest of your explanation, if true, it points to stupidity of the
user.

AG