Re: [OM] OM2 curtain pattern variation

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2 curtain pattern variation
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:55:12 -0600
The later curtain design, to the best of my knowledge, is a better match to
the reflectance of the film itself.  Earlier OM-2 models could get a
substantial shift in exposure if the shutter speed was low enough for the
film to alter the sensitivity "pattern".  Anything under 1/125 was entirely
centerweighted, but from 1/60 and slower, the effective pattern would get
more averaged.  I had an original OM-2 and it never gave me the consistency
that I enjoyed with the OM-2S.

As to the long exposure capability, I took a couple shots with the OM-2 that
were five-plus minutes, but it ate batteries for lunch when doing so.

AG