Re: [OM] I am the weirdest

Subject: Re: [OM] I am the weirdest
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:25:06 -0500
A data point.  On my round-the-country driving trip, which was about 40
days duration, I shot exclusively raw with the 5D.  That produced 3700
images occupying 46GB.  That's less than 100 images/day although on some
days I didn't shoot at all and on other days very heavily.  But it was
also not primarily a photo expedition.  Many times did I hear my
beautiful bride say: "C'mon, let's go.  You've got enough."  :-)

Based on the last bargain rebate deal from Sandisk through Adorama I now
have 40 GB of flash card capacity (4x8GB, 6x2GB, 2x1GB).  I'm wondering
if I'll ever see such a deal again.  Including taxes and shipping three
of these Sandisk 8GB Extreme III cards only cost about $8 each after
rebate.  If I can find another deal like that I'll just back up from the
laptop to another CF card.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt