Re: [OM] [OT} PS vs DSLR

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT} PS vs DSLR
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:07:59 -0600
Last night we went to the band and choir concert for our girls at the
school.  Crowded concert hall (a brand-new, top notch facility funded by tax
dollars in a community governed by a high-end private college), and we were
sitting near the back as it was packed.

I took the Minolta A1 because of size and the discreet sound it makes.
Honestly, I wish I had my E-1.  The live-view finder of the A1 just doesn't
have the resolution needed for comfy shooting and the primary EVF is just
too bright and bothersome to use in a darkened concert hall.  I don't like
everybody behind me seeing what I'm shooting.

If one wanted an outstanding P&S, I'd highly recommend the SW (or TOUGH)
series from Olympus.

AG-Schnozz