Re: [OM] High-ISO performance Rant - Saying it with pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] High-ISO performance Rant - Saying it with pictures
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 08:08:18 +0200
Nice one, I do agree that older cameras are still able to produce
great images at high ISO, still superior to film I believe.

My 2004-vintage Canon EOS 1D MkII produced great images at ISO3200 with
zero post-processing. This High-ISO and High0MegaPixel stuff is just
marketing,
since nobody cares anymore about REAL benefits like bigger viewfinders
and smaller,
better lenses.