Re: [OM] High-ISO performance Rant - Saying it with pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] High-ISO performance Rant - Saying it with pictures
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:12:43 +0200
Oh, I did, I did... I like them all very much. I guess what the 'deal'
in newer
cameras like the D3/D700 are about, is to produce images without
artifacts which
can be enlarged rather hugely without problem.

Any processing on, say, a 5MP E-1 image, will severely reduce fine
textures and
resolution. Ultimately, f the shot is good, it doesn't really matter -
which is why
the best images ever made were still done on grainy black and white,
around 2MP resolution
  :-)

I am wanting to try Fuji Provia 400X pushed two stops, it is supposed
to offer colour imaging
performance equaling or bettering many DSLRs. Has anybody tried this?