Re: [OM] High-ISO performance Rant - Saying it with pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] High-ISO performance Rant - Saying it with pictures
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:39:06 -0500
At 12:49 AM 12/18/2008, you wrote:
>I've just about had it with this obsession with high-ISO performance <snip>

I'm obsessed with high-ISO, or at least a decent low light exposure
meter.

I'm waiting for the carbon nano-photo-multiplier-tube sensor camera
with ISO 13,107,200.  10mp is plenty. Just give me low SNR any day.
I guarantee I be able to take better crappy photos.

Try the same experiment with the E-1 in the hot summer
after a succession of several shots in a row and tell me if it can get
decent noise performance. My E-1 was smok'n hot and fail'n with
lockup. When things gets Hot, noise goes way up. I have yet to
see *any* camera tests versus temperature for cameras.
I believe that is one of the reasons telescope sensors are liquid
nitrogen cooled. Chill that E-1 down and anything is possible.
A great winter camera, until the lithiums start to fail, then I guess
you'll have to resort to an old manual mechanical film camera.

Wayne - never give up the high ISO performance