Re: [OM] 420 deal

Subject: Re: [OM] 420 deal
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:39:39 +0800
Don't know about E-420 but the E-520 I just purchased is solid built, image
quality is on par with E-3 and focus is very fast. Unfortunately it has
front focus problem, quite consistent and serious especially at the wide
end. I backed to the shop and tried for another three, all have the same
problem. I'm planning to send the camera to Olympus for repair after new
year.

Fortunately, I can use the imager (CCD) AF, it is slow but very accurate.

A note about the default Gradation setting which is new on E-420/520, "Auto"
does not work for me in most cases, I much prefer the "Normal".

C.H.Ling