[OM] (OM) where is the on off switch on the OM4T

Subject: [OM] (OM) where is the on off switch on the OM4T
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:24:06 -0500
Yes, that is the procedure I am aware of and use.  It prevents rapid
discharge should the shutter get partway pressed during storage/transit
but it is not a full "off"  like other models.  There is still a small
current drain, AFAIK.  I take out the batteries and put them in the
fridge for a "real off."
There is the obvious downside of that of course, and I have been bitten
by that.  I keep an alkaline long shelf life emergency only battery
(ugh) in my cases but that amazingly one was dead
last time I needed it.  Always red 60 in a super pinch--only happened
once that I remember.

Mike

Press the lock button (bottom left of the lensmount) and move shutter
speed
to the red zone ( B, 60 ).
Remember to move the speed ring out of the red zone when you resume
taking photos.

Brian

Wayne wrote