Re: [OM] 420 deal

Subject: Re: [OM] 420 deal
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:59:35 +0800
I belive it is a mix issue, both design and manufacturing have the
responsibility. Not only Olympus my Canyon 40D also had focus problem, I did
a stage shot few months ago with the Tamron 70-300, the first 10 shots with
AF were all soft and I had to turn to MF for the rest to solve the problem
but the Tamron was ok at day time.

Just read a local test report on the 5D mark II, they mentioned even the AF
system is similar to the old one (5D ?), some improvement were made, a
"light source detection system" is used and the foucs is much more accurate
under different lighting condition, there was almost no foucs shift problem
like happen in the pass. This confirmed the problem I had with the 40D and
it indicated there was focus problem with the older Canyon.

C.H.Ling