Re: [OM] While on the subject of computer safety and back-ups

Subject: Re: [OM] While on the subject of computer safety and back-ups
From: Rand E <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:46:13 -0500
I too have the eSATA docking station, and the same problem with storing
bare drives.
I took some of the translucent plastic VHS cases and did the following.
1.  there is a spool locater post towards one  end of the case,  I cut
away about 3/4 of it cutting vertically.  this distance was determined
by test fitting the drive into the case.
      (leaving part of this post in prevents the drive from sliding around.
2.  In my cases, there were some raised protrusions on the bottom of the
case and I smoothed them out as required for the drive to lay flat.
   The end result is a drive case that protects the drive, makes it
stable so you can set on end or edge, and you can see inside to see the
markings on the drive.
Works for me.  A variation on someone else's idea using what I had
available.
Rand E.