Re: [OM] 420 deal

Subject: Re: [OM] 420 deal
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:20:46 -0600
Frank,

I just did my own similar test, though not as professionally, on my Oly
E-510 and Zuiko 14-54 lens.  With the lens at 54mm, hand-held at 1/180 at
f/3.5, ISO 400, kitchen lights, I focused on the word "Ascend" in the
newspaper caption.  The sharpest focus appears to be near the top of the
paragraph above the caption, indicating a back focus of about 38-40mm.  I
made several shots, with this being the better one, but all indicated a
similar back focus.

The focus dot was on each time I made a photo.  While this error is not of
much consequence, it was interesting that it consistantly occurred.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Focus+Test.tif.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA