Re: [OM] OT, Miramar Re: While on the subject of computer safety and bac

Subject: Re: [OM] OT, Miramar Re: While on the subject of computer safety and back-ups
From: Jerry Smith <proud_texan63@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 16:05:07 -0800 (PST)
   John, I remember reading about that one as well. As I recall the old strip
they landed on was being used as a drag strip at the time, literally. I know
most pilots, myself included, don't like hearing pilot error, but that seems to
be the case quite a bit of the time. As an aircraft mechanic by trade, I always
wonder on the mechanical part, but that is not near as often the case. I had
worked on one of AA's 757's that auger-ed into the side of a mountain in
Columbia some years back. I had to get my book out and make sure what I had
done on it, had just changed a coffee maker, so I didn't have a worry. That was
eventually blamed on controller/pilot error, with the majority going to the non
english speaking controller, if I remember correctly. They don't call them
accidents for a reason.
Jerry
Life is not a race, it is a ride. Enjoy it!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/proud-texan/