Re: [OM] 1/2000 rarely used

Subject: Re: [OM] 1/2000 rarely used
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 00:33:25 -0300
LOL :-) - thought the same when first saw it and counted how many feet.

Perhaps I should have posted the link to the whole selection of
photographs, there are many interesting images her, but I though most
people here might know about it.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/12/the_year_2008_in_photographs_p.html

Moose, I was waiting for you to come back so as to ask if you use Lab
mode, or exclusively RGB.
In short, I found that when using plain USM or LCE, my .tiff became more
noisy; and reducing noise in Luminance channel after converting to Lab
was pretty simple and effective - started to think of doing nothing  (
apart from ICE ) in the scanner and do all post-processing in PS, then,
why not directly in Lab and the back to RGB. Those conversions are
lossless AFAIK.

TIA

Fernando