Re: [OM] where is the on off switch on the OM4T?

Subject: Re: [OM] where is the on off switch on the OM4T?
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 15:52:58 -0600
Chris Crawford wrote:

> That's a shame. If I had a 3Ti, I'd use it, and carry it, like I do my 4T
> bodies.

Please, will somebody give Chris an unused 3Ti?  Chris is our resident
professional photographer-artist and I'd like to support his efforts in any
way I can.  I can only imagine what kind of photographs this cat could take
with a camera that truly is the SLR that Leica failed to build.

Mine is interchangeable with the 4T and E-1.  At the moment the 4T has Delta
400, the 3Ti has PanF loaded. The OM-3Ti is just way to sweet of a camera to
let lounge in the closet. If you want a collectable, get a LNIB Leica.  But
please let those OM-3Ti's go to a home where they are used.

It's not that the OM-3Ti is any "better" than any other camera, but what it
does is make YOU a better photographer.  I didn't really think this was
possible, but I believe the entire gestalt of photography changes when using
certain types of cameras.  I see where I approach photography entirely
differently with the OM-3Ti than with other OM bodies. It's similar to using
a 4x5 camera where the entire mindset is altered and you seek out
opportunities to exploit the strengths of the system.

The OM-4Ti is very much like the 3Ti, yet so very different.  There is that
little switch with an "Auto" position which draws us in like moths to a yard
light.  We know "Manual" is there, but the siren-song draws us into the
rocks of auto-exposure.

AG