Re: [OM] where is the on off switch on the OM4T?

Subject: Re: [OM] where is the on off switch on the OM4T?
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 23:22:56 -0500
Ken,

Thanks for the encouragement. The problem isn't just that I am not living
the 'respectable' middle class life. I don't even earn enough to live at a
basic level, and we live so simply. I have not bought any new clothes in
five years, except shoes. I have problems with my ankles and if I don't buy
new shoes every 6 months they hurt my legs and feet really bad. So I buy
shoes. The only extravagance in my life is the money I spend on film, about
$500 a year, and the money I spend on my son. Even when I lived in Santa Fe
and had real income, I lived like a monk. I spent a lot of my savings paying
a lawyer to fight my son's mom in court because she wouldn't let me bring
him to New Mexico to visit, and after I won, I spent money to go get him and
then take him back to his mother after he spent a month with me. Well, ok, I
admit, I did waste a little money buying a few Olympus lenses on ebay and I
bought a 40mm f2 from a list member when I was in Santa Fe :) I use that
lens a lot, it is one of my favorites.

I hope your wife is ok now. Cancer is such a hard thing to beat. My other
grandpa died from lung cancer 9 years ago, but he was a lifelong smoker. It
killed him 6 weeks after he was diagnosed! Of course, this being America
(not one of those communist shitholes like Sweden or Canada), you'll be in
debt for her medical care till you die even if you live to be 175. LOL

Like you, I've been blessed by the generosity of others. Most of the
equipment I own has been given to me by people who liked my work and wanted
to help me continue it, and then the gift we got from the people on RFF. I
wonder how many people actually have an OM-3Ti? The 3Ti is very rare, even
compared to the plain 3 isn't it?

Chris

--
Chris Crawford