Re: [OM] Batch convert Raw to JPG

Subject: Re: [OM] Batch convert Raw to JPG
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:59:53 -0500
If you re-read my description of the process using PhotoShop and ACR I
think you'll see that it does *not* assume that you will be adjusting
each image individually.  Individual "tuning" is not required although
you can do that too.

After feeding the images to PhotoShop using Bridge (or my preferred
BreezeBrowser) ACR will intercept the images and show them as thumbnails
on the left side with the first (or any other one that is selected)
shown in the large window.  Assuming that you want all of them processed
the same make any desired adjustments to the image that is selected and
shown in the large window.  Then select any or all additional images
that you want processed the same way.  Press the "save" button and *all*
of the images will be processed and saved according to whatever you
specify in the save dialog... which includes where to put them and what
format to save them in.  ALT-click will bypass the save dialog and use
whatever was previously put there as the default.  I normally save in
JPEG after passing through ACR since by that time all significant pixel
brightness editing (except final print sharpening) has been done.

I don't know how this will work with 300 images.  I've never batched
more than 10 or 20 at a time.  The reason is that I always tweak my raw
images at least a little and I find it unlikely that I will want a very
large number processed identically.  300 images is about as much as I
might shoot in an entire very busy day.  The lighting will have changed
significantly probably 5-10 times during that period so I can't see
batching huge numbers for conversion.

Chuck Norcutt