Re: [OM] BW filters, was 1/2000 rarely used

Subject: Re: [OM] BW filters, was 1/2000 rarely used
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 16:22:33 -0500
I've can't see that green does much of anything to skin tones... at
least in ACR.  Using yellow, orange or red progressively blocks more and
more of the skylight except blue.  They progressively darken the sky,
lighten the clouds and increase the contrast in B&W.  If you're shooting
people under incandescent there's probably not a whole lot of green to
filter in the first place.  Color cast is going to be predominantly
yellow-orange-red and those color filters will have a larger effect on
brightness and contrast.

Shoot in color and do your B&W conversion and filtration in PS.  That
gives you many more options than with shooting film or applying
in-camera filtration.  It makes it very easy to experiment since you can
redo the same image 1000 ways.

Chuck Norcutt