[OM] T-20 on Blackbird,fly (was: T-20 safe on E?)

Subject: [OM] T-20 on Blackbird,fly (was: T-20 safe on E?)
From: "montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 17:14:32 +1000
I thought the T-20 would be perfect on my Blackbird,fly (BBF), and when
I tried it out, without film, it seemed to work fine. Of course, as soon
as I put film in the thing it stopped working with it (not that I am
suggesting a connection, other than a Murphy's Law one). It still worked
fine on another camera. Ah, well. Such is the fun of a "toy" camera, I
suppose. I'll have to have a play around once this roll of film is
through. The BBF is certainly great fun to play with, but I'll have to
wait to see what the results tell me.

The good thing is, the camera I tested the T-20 on was my Oly 35RC,
which made me use that for a bit (after discovering it still had film in
it, which would have to be from at least 18 months ago). That is a
really pleasant camera to use (even with a broken meter). I've also been
buggerising around quite a bit with a new (old) Oly Pen S, which has
meant for me the totally new experience of guesstimating exposure and
distance focussing. It's one solid chunk of metal too, especially for
its size. Like a lot of enforced limitations on oneself, it has been
paradoxically quite liberating (but, at the same time, going to back to
the EOS 10D with the 70-200 2.8 on is also a very delightful phase shift
;-) ). I think I'll have the Yashica 35GSN out next - I recall that I
was quite pleased with the handling and results from it, and it has a
certain aesthetic "vibe" about it that I choose not to look into too
much but just enjoy, plus it needs another run or several. The Polaroid
636 Closeup stays out permanently on the table, good for "snapshots" of
dogs and friends and family and sunsets and other memento moments. Of
course, only the 720SW gets any pool time, or even much beach time for
that matter.

Next year, I think it's the Oly OM1's days back in the sun (or whatever
the conditions determine) looking through the eye of the Zuiko 50/1.4,
and possibly the arrival of a new DSLR friend (I've yet to decide which
though), allowing the 10D to "retire" to more casual use by The Loved One.

All of which is to say, "Photography is fun", isn't it? Thanks for
helping make it so. :-D

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz