Re: [OM] Hep! Dr. Flash needs... um, flash help

Subject: Re: [OM] Hep! Dr. Flash needs... um, flash help
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 22:36:19 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I decided to go retro at Christmas dinner tonight so took out the
> pristine, black OM-2n and a T-32 and a roll of Kodak NPS 400....
>
> What I *think* should happen is that the camera will see the fairly low
> ambient light around the dinner table and, at f/8 or f/11, despite the
> ISO 400 film, will decide to use a shutter speed somewhere around 1/15
> second or so.

Did you see a flash ready light in the viewfinder? If so, you should get
1/60 shutter speed. The flash ready signal is how the camera knows there
is a T flash attached.

The T32 manual shows the viewfinder flash confirmation light indicating
flash ready and flashing to show adequate flash exposure in flash Auto
mode on the OM-1n, so the flash ready indication does indeed operate in
flash Auto mode. There wouldn't be any point in the OM-1n otherwise.
That should cause the OM-2n in camera Auto to set a fixed 1/60.

A. Flashy Moose