Re: [OM] Inside, Looking Out

Subject: Re: [OM] Inside, Looking Out
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 18:10:59 +1100
On 28/12/2008, at 5:30 PM, Nicoletta Da Ros wrote:

> The E-1 is among the best winter cameras ever made. Whatever you do,
> don't
> stick your tongue on the camera.
>
> AE-aaaath.
>

> LOL~ almost made me spit tea on mac...
>
> nico.

Don't panic.
Olympus deliberately designed the E-1 with an automatically
delaminating, rubberised covering to forestall this forseeable
difficulty and obviate any potential law suits flowing from tongue
adhesion in users who quite reasonably seek to lick their cameras
clean of ice in sub-zero climatic conditions.
However, if you have been foolish enough use a toothpick  to insert
Pliobond style contact cement under the cover, to correct the
erroneously perceived and ludicrously overstated problem of 'rubber
cover creep', you can be shown to have deliberately disabled this
safety feature and hopelessly compromised your chances of succeeding
in any subsequent attempt to seek legal redress for pain and
humiliation.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx