Re: [OM] Hep! Dr. Flash needs... um, flash help

Subject: Re: [OM] Hep! Dr. Flash needs... um, flash help
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 03:47:33 +0000
I have no documentation that says so but I would expect a 4T to fire the flash
at any speed when in manual mode.  In manual mode it should do exactly what
it's told and not attempt to "help" you.  Certainly an OM-1 will  fire the
flash at any shutter speed.  I have several wedding shots of my daughters
wedding to verify that.  I had the shutter speed set accidentally at something
faster than 1/60 and part of the frame is black where it was covered by the
shutter curtain.  But I guess there could be two distinct exposures if the
ambient light level was high enough for a decent exposure before the flash
fired.  The  demarcation should be a vertical line through the short dimension
of the film on an OM with horizontally traveling shutter curtains.  EOS 5d goes
the other way.

Chuck Norcutt