Re: [OM] E - 3 and tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] E - 3 and tripods
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:33:45 -0800
> From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Depends on the intensity and direction of light entering the
> eyepiece.  With
> the E-1, I've seen as much as a stop variance, but generally it is no
> problem because when using the camera in this fashion I've locked
> down the
> exposure ahead of time.

My experience with the E-20 indicates something other than mere
exposure bias is going on -- perhaps because the E-20 uses a beam
splitter instead of a mirror. With the light box sealed by a mirror,
there shouldn't be anything getting into the sensor via the eyepiece.

:::: In medieval days, a peasant could be executed for stealing a
crust of bread, while the lord of the manor could abuse every peasant
in sight without fear of legal retribution. Does it strike you that we
seem to be reverting more and more to a similar society, one in which
the punishments no longer fit the crimes? -- Ed Foster ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::