Re: [OM] Vivitar 285HV Zoom Thyristor flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 285HV Zoom Thyristor flash
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 20:26:35 -0500
I usually shoot things like receptions and parties with 2 to 4 studio
lights off-camera plus an on-camera flash.  I use a high voltage power
pack for fast recycling... 1-1/2 seconds or less.  Trying to catch "the
moment" during the Horah at a Jewish wedding or Bar/Bat Mitzvah may
require multiple shots without much time for battery recycling.  Other
events are usually not so hectic and time critical.

Chuck Norcutt