Re: [OM] Vivitar 285HV Zoom Thyristor flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 285HV Zoom Thyristor flash
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 23:10:08 -0800 (PST)
John,
      I love the Metz CT60's, but the pack when used with dryfit is heavy on
your shoulder. However...

That is why I replaced the dryfit (~1200gm) with a Li-FePO4 battery (200gm).
This can also be (safely) completely recharged in 20 minutes.  It also produces
10% more, full power (200J) flashes than the stock Dryfit.

Remeber the T32 is a 70J flash, so the CT60 Metz is equivalent ~3xT32's

Note this Li battery, hardly weighs more than the 4xNiMh + 4spare cells :
~200gm for Li versus ~162 gm for 8xNiMh cells  (vs 1200gm for the Dryfit).

The actual CT60-1 head weighs only 70gm more than a T32 but is easier to handle
because it acts as a handgrip.

The CT60-1 head weighs ~318gm
A t32 incl 4xNimh weighs     ~249gm