Re: [OM] T10 mounting thread size?

Subject: Re: [OM] T10 mounting thread size?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 08:54:24 -0500
The best bet if you can find them are filter wrenches like these
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/70726-REG/General_Brand__Filter_Wrench_48_58mm_Set.html>
Alternatively, as Frank recommended, any sort of grippy rubber might
help. Rubber sheets for opening jar lids or to make non-slip or
cushioned surfaces such as rubber shelf liners.  Or snap a number of
rubber bands around the ring.

If that fails I'd try a worm gear type stainless steel hose clamp such
as you'd use on an auto radiator hose.  But I'd probably put some rubber
bands underneath to serve as a cushion for the ring as these things are
not perfectly round where the screw threads are.  Pressure that is not
uniformly applied around the entire circumference risks deforming the
ring which will make the removal task that much more difficult as well
as making it difficult to use the T10's threads afterwards

If all else fails you can try cutting it off.

Chuck Norcutt