Re: [OM] HNY and its

Subject: Re: [OM] HNY and its
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 00:15:13 +0100
Jan, I learned that one in school already (back in the sixties) and it
is indeed attributed to Bernard Shaw.  But it is being disputed too:
http://alt-usage-english.org/excerpts/fxwhat04.html
In that same link you'll find a nice way to spell potato
as "ghoughpteighbteau".

And the quote is a good example, not only of context-free grammar, but
also of G.W.'s (usual?) grammar-free non-text. He will certainly be
remembered as a great stand-up comedian in these parts of the world!

Frank.