Re: [OM] Be careful where you sit...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful where you sit...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 09:59:15 -0500
Good thought but I think my chance of talking to the stage manager is
about zero.  It raises an interesting question in my mind about how the
DVD turned out.  This event is always recorded on video and a DVD is
made available for sale after the event.  My son doesn't buy it because
it's too expensive and my granddaughter is only on stage for about 5-10
minutes out of a 2 hour long production.  I just wonder how the video
cameras (with long lenses shooting from the back of the auditorium) fare
under the same lighting conditions.  Actually, since they do sell the
DVD, I have been surprised for the past two years that they have never
objected to me coming in with the 5D and a big lens.

After adjusting the color temperature for most shots into the 2800-3500K
range the overly bright red was considerably subdued but still too
bright to be completely recovered with just the "recovery" slider in
ACR.  Most of it could be handled by dropping the overall exposure along
with the recovery slider but then the overall exposure was much too dark.

The 5D treats me well most of the time so I think I'll keep it despite
its shortcomings.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt