Re: [OM] My New Year's Eve with a 5D MkII

Subject: Re: [OM] My New Year's Eve with a 5D MkII
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 12:07:00 -0500
At 10:42 AM 1/4/2009, you wrote:
>I just love this "sliding scale of acceptability".  Wasn't the 5D the
>low-light leader and the answer to all of mankind's problems just a couple
>years ago?  It's amazing just how HORRID and completely unacceptable it is
>now.
>;)

I know, the 5D LCD display is unacceptable, and how can anyone
possible print an 8x10 with only 12mp? Or shoot without live view?

The lenses are the real problem now. I noticed CZ lenses with manual
focus are now available for the Can*n. A 50/1.4 and 85/1.4. What is
the world coming to? I'm waiting for the Mamiya 7 45mp digital, with
sensor IS and live view.

WayneS