Re: [OM] Be careful where you sit...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful where you sit...
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 17:20:30 -0600
This discussion about inverse-square and so on, is wonderful and everything
and we might even be able to improve our photography in some manner, but all
it takes is one scientist-wannabe here on the list quoting from Einstein's
Theory of Relativity to throw our conclusions off.
I agree that this must be a "5D" issue as it works just fine on my Olympus
equipment.

Oh, and back to Chuck's original issue--if he is having to pull back the
exposure to keep the faces from burning out, then the exposure is actually
on the "over" side.  In looking at his posted images, I'd suggest that the
exposures really are a bit on the hot side and the background, as pretty as
it is, is actually too bright.  A "proper" exposure, as a general rule, is
one where the skin is about one-stop brighter than mid-tone. What Chuck is
doing is exposing for the shadows and compressing the highlights to keep the
skin from blowing out.

AG