Re: [OM] E-3 and 50-200 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 and 50-200 lens
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:43:59 -0400
A very interesting piece but it omits a rather significant detail; the lead
pilot, aged 25, was awarded the Victoria Cross for his troubles.

I have my doubts that the Lancaster flying over the Derwent dam wall is the
world's last flying one. In the mid 1990s one flew into Penticton, BC where
we lived at the time and was open to the public. I took a look around
inside. At 5'10" I had to bend my head low to get through the fuselage. The
cockpit was tiny ! The off-duty Air Canada 747 pilot who was flying the
thing was more ecstatic than a small boy with a new toy to have the
opportunity of flying a vintage aircraft.

Seen here are three shots I took at Derwent reservoir a year ago:

www.JohnHudsonPhoto.com/911.html
www.JohnHudsonPhoto.com/912.html
www.JohnHudsonPhoto.com/913.html

jh