Re: [OM] More managed bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] More managed bokeh
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 19:24:29 -0600
I had similar thoughts, but I think I might desaturate the orange a
bit and call it good.  Too little time for more promising images to
spend a lot of time PS-ing this one.

Bokeh wasn't too ugly on this one:

http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox/IRNP/Tobin%20Harbor/slides/ir40.html

I used fairly small stops because I carried a tripod and many subjects
were in the MR of 1:10 or smaller.  It's more important to me to get
the right stuff in focus than achieve inspiring bokeh, though it's
nice to get both.  It reminds me that I need to bracket more for focus
and DOF than I do.

Other examples show the capabilities of the lens to good enough effect:

http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox/IRNP/Tobin%20Harbor/slides/ir18.html

but not everyone will enjoy background like that.

Joel W.