Re: [OM] More managed bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] More managed bokeh
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:15:05 -0800
> From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
>
> One thing I have noticed in the photos posted, mine and others,
> is that foreground OOF elements are often a distraction, in even
> the best of shots. I have few of my shots where I find it OK.
> I'm curious what others think?

One of the first things I teach in class is that the quality of the
foreground highlights determines the *perception* of the overall
quality. No matter how good the rest of the image is, a bright fuzzy
thing in front will cause others to perceive that the entire image is
fuzzy.

:::: A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his
government. -- Edward Abbey ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::