Re: [OM] More managed bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] More managed bokeh
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 05:13:01 -0500
At 09:49 PM 1/7/2009, you wrote:
>> WayneS wrote:
>>
>> One of my complaints with the Olympus systems is the lack of
>> a long focal length macro lens...
>> (Correct me if I'm wrong).
>>

>Ok, because of the crop factor, you'll be standing in approximately the same
>position with a 200mm on a FF camera as you would with a 100mm on a 4/3 camera
>to fill the respective frame with the same subject.  Effectively you have the
>same working distance but a different magnification (e.g. 1:1 on FF, 1:2 on
>4/3).

So I could just crop the FF and get the same result. Still Oly lacks
longer range macros. Maybe there is a 100mm now?? but there
was none for quite some time.

I had the Zuiko 135/4.5 but it was cumbersome to use with the auto tube
and I never really got good results with it myself. Nothing to compare with
the Nik*n 200mm or Sigm* 180 or Can*n 180 in usability. At least with
those lenses you could easily use them as a lens at infinity. The Zuiko 90mm
was the only long range macro Oly made that was a self a contained
lens, and only 1:2 at that. I just think Oly lacks in this department.

WayneS