Re: [OM] IMG: Backyard Visitor

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Backyard Visitor
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 06:06:51 -0500
At 05:55 AM 1/10/2009, Moose wrote:
>WayneS wrote:
>> So now Iiving in New England, where the mice don't seem to have as many
>> fleas. We have a snake running around also, mostly in the yard.
>> http://www.zuik.net/OM-4t/snake_MG_6662.jpg
>> and snakes do not have fleas!
>>

>Nice catch!
>
>Looks like your 5D doesn't have a front/back focus problem - bang on!
>
>I've never noticed one with mine, either. I've not gone out of my way to
>test, as there's no solution, anyway.

Thanks, nothing like manual focus, but it took about 10 shots to get
the one. And what are you doing up at this hour of the day? must be
3AM where you are?

The AF with the 180 macro is hit or miss. It is just not precise enough
for this kind of shot. It will forward and back focus due to error tolerance
limits. And they just don't make manual lens focusing like they used to...
and when scrunched down on the ground, straining the neck, there is
a bit of luck involved.

WayneS