Re: [OM] IMG: Backyard Visitor

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Backyard Visitor
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 09:09:41 -0500
It's an Eastern garter snake.  I haven't seen any since moving to New
York but we had plenty of garter or ribbon snakes around my Boston area
place (as well as a truly feisty black snake).  I've always been
confused between Eastern garter and ribbon snakes since they're quite
similar and inhabit the same territory.  This time I decided to finally
learn the difference which is best done by examining the head.  This guy
has no white spot in front of his eye and has dark markings around the
lips so he's an Eastern garter snake and not an Eastern ribbon snake.
<http://www.gartersnake.info/articles/001690_telling_garter_snake.phtml>

Did you pay this model for the excellent pose?  :-)

Chuck Norcutt