Re: [OM] IMG: Backyard Visitor

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Backyard Visitor
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 19:44:52 -0500
At 11:18 AM 1/10/2009, you wrote:
>I was surprised too that Wayne got so close.

I was too, but the critter let me get close. She/He hangs out in our rocks
and under the back step. Must be about 70cm long. I suspect it felt it
was under cover, so did not move. Fortunately the dog was elsewhere.
Also, another reason to use a long macro, 180mm. Nothing quite
like working distance with skittish critters.

I remember catching a copperhead in Missourah growing up,
and carried it around in a paper bag to show people. I was
not too popular.

I saw in the latest Outdoor Photography, Art Wolfe was down on the
ground, just feet away from a congregation of alligators. Now that
is some nerve. If given the chance, I would probably have done it
also.

I don't think seeing a garter snake in the back yard anything like seeing
sharks while scuba diving.

OK, there must be some more stories out there, whose holding out?

WayneS