Re: [OM] IMG: Backyard Visitor

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Backyard Visitor
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:09:53 +1100
They must be a bit more docile than the Saltwater Crocs here - I'd
want a lot more distance than that. They're quite fast over a short
distance and I'd hate to try and outrun one, even when younger and
fitter.  I've seen film of a saltie ambushing a horse (it hid in the
dunes and took the horse on the beach) and they are fond of dogs too.
In fact, the safest way to walk around on the northern beaches is to
take a sacrificial dog or too - the crocs will take them in
preference. (Sorry Marc).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx