Re: [OM] email address posted in the body

Subject: Re: [OM] email address posted in the body
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 00:06:11 -0800
> From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
>
> Anything to reduce the problem should be looked into.
> It has nothing to do with Spam filters.

I don't believe you understood me.

Your full email address appears in the archive, each day that you
post, regardless of whether anyone put it in their replies.

It doesn't matter if it's in there once, or a hundred times, from the
point-of-view of harvesting software.

In fact, having it in a "From:" header would tend to make it more
valuable to harvesters than having it in the body of the message, as
it's more likely to be a valid address.

I feel quite certain that eliminating your address from the body of
messages does NOTHING to reduce your spam, as long as you are posting
to a list with a public archive.

:::: The record is clear that left to their own devices, the
automobile manufacturers lack the wisdom or the will or both to switch
decisively to the production of inexpensive, compact, energy-saving
cars appropriate to our present needs. -- Donald E. Weeden, 1975 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::