Re: [OM] Dpreview Challenges beta: First winners

Subject: Re: [OM] Dpreview Challenges beta: First winners
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:41:46 -0500
I finally took a few minutes to look through many of the images and
examine the EXIF data where given.  I didn't see ISO above 800 and most
are shot at less than that.  Most are also shot wide open or close to it
for the particular lens involved.  There are also some odd combinations
I didn't understand.  One was with an OM Zuiko 50/1.4 on an E300.  Shot
at f/1.4 and ISO 800 but at 1/800 shutter speed.  Another was with a
135/2 on a 5D at f/2.2 and ISO 400 but with a shutter speed of 1/1600.
But most are shot at much slower speeds and many obviously with some
sort of image stabilization since the shutter speed and lens focal
length would indicate blurring otherwise, especially with small sensored
cameras.

In any case there's no serious low light, high ISO photography that I saw.

Chuck Norcutt