Re: [OM] email address posted in the body

Subject: Re: [OM] email address posted in the body
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:22:52 -0800
> From: Chris Barker <ftog AT threeshoes DOT net>
>
> I had a search on my email address (ftog) and it doesn't pick up my
> website (www.threeshoes.net).

http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx%22 takes you
right to your home page, with your obfuscated address.

> Thanks for pointing out the weakness in my
> system...

Perhaps Singapore (your gallery system) could add form-based contact.
It really works well. No address, obfuscated or not, is exposed to the
Internet. Singapore is written in PHP, and there are many open-source
form-based emailers available. If you know something about website
stuff, I could send you the one I wrote, which installs easily. It's
pretty basic, but does the job. It currently requires MySQL (all email
is logged in a database), but I could hack that out for you, since
Singapore doesn't use a database.
        http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Email.php

Once someone contacts you via form email, you have their address, and
can decide if you want to reply, and thus give them yours.

> perhaps we had better stop corresponding.  We're just making
> each other testy.

It's been my experience that breaking off communication never improves
things.

I apologize for SHOUTING at you, and for any testiness I may have
caused you to experience.

My "testiness" was not directed at you. It was just my frustration at
my being inadequate in presenting my case, and not having the time to
conclusively prove it. The only thing worse than hearing someone else
say, "Just trust me on this," is not having others do so! :-)

:::: Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people
harder than a fear of sudden death. -- Adolf Hitler
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>