Re: [OM] E system metering was Dpreview Challengesbeta: Firstwinners

Subject: Re: [OM] E system metering was Dpreview Challengesbeta: Firstwinners
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 00:06:05 +1100 (EDT)
Hi C.H,

> A good digital image need very little or no sharpening, see the below 21MP
> image taken with the low cost Zuiko 28-48 zoom at 28mm F8, converted with
> DPP, no sharpening and no noise reduction, ISO640 equ.:
> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_1641.JPG

I like the 28-48 on the E510 as well BUT, man, I cant believe the
resolution, nice set of tits in the background :-)

Mind you I'm using PMView under OS/2 to view the jpg.

> I never believe sharpening can recover any unavailable details, I believe in
> sharp focus, CCD and good lenses. For NR I use Neatimage.

I dont like sharpening at all myself though I find myself using it
occasionally on JPG's, I never touch the original RAW image.

Very nice HK shot.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.os2site.com/

Welcome to the Department of Redundancy Department welcomes you.