Re: [OM] OT--A few New Ones

Subject: Re: [OM] OT--A few New Ones
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:13:09 -0500
Thanx, Chris! I realize the similarities, but I can't help myself. As
it turns out, if I put similar pictures out for the summer customers,
they usually select the winner for me. One image will outsell the
other. The other factor is that a lot of them enjoy rough water
pictures, I suppose because the waters here are mostly calm in
summer. So I try to keep a large selection of rough water pictures on
hand. We don't start getting serious surf until late October or
November. (And I realize there are places where our rough water
constitutes a placid day.) There are exceptions, of course. That's
when we lose a tourist or two to rough water down at the point. They
clamber down the rocks until the water is lapping at their feet, then
a big 'un comes along and sweeps them away. Haven't lost one in a
couple of years, though. When we first move up here in '92, we were
losing an average of one a year.

--Bob Whitmire
"Art's just fart without the eff."
www.bwp33.com