Re: [OM] Obese cameras and E-system Uberbricks

Subject: Re: [OM] Obese cameras and E-system Uberbricks
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 06:23:36 -0800
Ken,

OK, I'll bite -

The point is (IMHO) that with the OM system, you could decide weather
you needed the drive and wanted to carry it, same for the lens. One had
a choice. An OM-3ti (or any other OM single digit body) with a prime
lens, or say the 35-70 f/3.5~4 lens is a very compact set that still has
a robust body that has the same IQ as the heavier system. when I am in
the backcountry or traveling I don't need, nor do I want a motordrive,
with the OM I had an option of a small light professional system. with
DSLRs, I don't. I have to either carry a larger, heavier system, or live
with a consumer camera system, or compromise and generally get the worst
of both worlds with a 'prosumer' camera. Yes, if you need the drive and
the 2.8 zoom the two systems are much the same, but when I don't need
those things I resent lugging around all the extra weight.

Jim Couch