[OM] OT-LCD Monitor

Subject: [OM] OT-LCD Monitor
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:43:08 -0500
In an effort to simplify and reduce, I'm looking to divest myself of
an old LaCIE CRT 19" that's roughly the size of a Fiat. A nice, light
slim LCD will do nicely in its place. At the moment, I'm leaning
toward something like the Samsung 920BM, 19", which retails in the
$225 range.

The replacement monitor won't be used for photo editing, but will be
attached to my Windows box. The photo service it will perform is
allowing me to use Qimage to make the majority of my prints. Thus I
need to be able to see what I'm doing reasonably clearly, but color
fidelity, etc., is not critical. The monitor also has the old, square
shape, which I prefer for this task as it will let me see more of the
Qimage interface, and thus do the one bit of "editing" I do, which is
final crops depending on the size of the print.

Anyone have any experience with this, or Samsung in general? I seem
to recall a while back Samsung had a LCD on the more inexpensive side
that nevertheless had a sweet spot for photo editing. I know
worthiness varies from model to model . . .

Thanx in advance,

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com