Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 1: back to Alicante

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 1: back to Alicante
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:03:52 +0100
Yes, there are a lot of Brits, Dutch, Germans and Scandinavians around
here, but it is actually not a bad thing. Sure, some of them are just
louts looking to get drunk and laid cheaply, but many others are
regular people, old and not so old, who come here for the lifestyle
and the sun. And for us, even though we both speak Spanish fluently
(it is my wife's mother tongue, in fact) it is convenient to have the
service infrastructure that goes with it, such as an installer who put
up our satellite dish and arranged for Dutch TV in our house--Spanish
TV is absolutely awful for the most part, and all foreign-language
shows are dubbed. Likewise, as an afficionado of many things English
(after all, I sent my son to university in England), I enjoy being
able to go to an English bar and watch the footie there, or even to
buy marmite in my local supermarket, and Newcastle Brown Ale in my
watering hole. And many tobacco shops sell my favourite Danish
cigarettes. Etc.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman