Re: [OM] The Zepplin is Coming!

Subject: Re: [OM] The Zepplin is Coming!
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:15:24 -0400
During our annuals trips to the Oregon coast in the 1990s we visited  an
enormous  Zeppelin hanger somewhere near Tillamook on Highway 101. Seems
that the US military used one or more of these things over the coast in WW2
............. dropping grenades on intruding submarines perhaps ! In terms
of size, the hanger would have accomodated several large football stadiums
end to end and side to side. I recall that the building had been turned into
something like an Indy car racing circuit.

jh